So if you’re like me, and you have NEVER managed to get your family holiday photos taken, printed and mailed out to your family in time for the Holidays this post is for you! Seriously, each year I say to myself, “For sure we’ll get it right next year!” …and nope…time and time again it just hasn’t happened yet! #truestory. So when I was contacted by Paperless Post to review their digital invitations and cards, I thought to myself, “Why not? Even though this is primarily a sewing related blog, it’s a service I definitely need! Plus I’m definitely sewing something for #thespiritedone to wear for our pictures, so this could work!” #sponsoredpost Also I’m pretty sure many of my sewing and crafty friends who are as busy or even more busier than I am, especially this season, would find this helpful!
Offering both digital and printed format wedding invitations and customizable holiday photo cards, Paperless Post features timeless, elegant designs that will appeal to all tastes and styles. Their sophisticated typography and thoughtfully designed layouts reflect the most beautiful aesthetic traditions. Completely customizable to the wedding suite of your dreams, Paperless Post designs are simple, beautiful, and perfect for any occasion.
I love the idea of going paperless and going green, it’s practical, it helps the environment, its cost effective and the turnaround time is almost instantaneous! This is a really great option to have if you struggle with time management time as much as I do, AND especially during the holidays!
Paperless post is a membership site, so you would need to create a FREE account. They do have a number of designs that are completely free to send, if sent without any premium card options; and you can send a free card to up 2,000 email addresses! (Imagine! That’s more people than I know in real life lol). “Coins” are used to price the premium design options and it costs 1 to 3 coins to send a card to each email recipient. As you go through the customization the cost of your card per recipient will appear at the top right corner of the page. [Coin packages start as low 20 coins for $6]. And as mentioned before, the options you choose to customize your premium card, and number of recipients will determine what your end cost to send will be. You’ll see that at checkout.
Now, the hardest thing about creating our digital Holiday card, was actually choosing which picture to use! There were so many cute one of the kids! I couldn’t decide if I wanted to use just one or all of them!
But creating and customizing our card was easy peasy! Here’s how simple it is:
- You choose what kind of card/invitation you want to make.
- You customize the card using the many options they have available for you. (This can take more time depending on if its a photo card or not because photo cards require you to upload photos)
- You have the option to also customize your envelope and the backdrop on the screen that your recipient will see. [ Did you just go: “Wait what?! what do you mean Candice?!” – Well since this is an digital card, and even though it will be delivered electronically via email, your recipient will “open” this card much like they would an actual card! Pretty neat right?! ]
- You enter in your recipients name and email.
- AND HIT SEND! (A checkout payment screen will appear if you chose premium cards) AND WALLAH! FAMILY HOLIDAY CARDS SENT! ( I did appreciate the option to send myself a copy first, so I could make sure it looked nice and the ability to see track each card open).
I decided to go with something really sweet and simple, and honestly I was done in 20 mins! I can’t tell you how relieved I was to check that off my TO DO LIST! I used the rest of the hour I allocated to do this to take a nap! lol Here’s what it looks like once the email is opened:
I just want to note, that I especially loved doing this because it gave me the opportunity to send Holiday Cards (albeit digital) to our family in Belize, who would not have otherwise received anything because mailing actual post internationally is always a pain. So after 13 years, they’ve finally gotten a Holiday card from us featuring the kids! haha! So if you’re strapped for time like I am, and looking for an easy, convenient and cost effective way to send your Holiday cards this might be a good option for you to consider. 😉
And that’s it for today’s post guys! Thank you for stopping by, wishing you wonderful and productive week!! xoxo